Digital Scrapbooking Community News

Welcome! I will be posting digital scrapbooking industry news, tutorials, articles, new products and anything else I come across that I think people might like. Dive right in!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Digital photo tips from some readers

By Linda Knapp
Special to The Seattle Times
Saturday, July 22, 2006

Some of this column's readers are far more knowledgeable than I about photography, so it's a treat when they respond to my columns on the subject and take the time to teach me a thing or two.

Today, I'll share some of what I've learned.

Processing images on a computer
A year or so ago, several experts advised me to try saving images in the camera as RAW files (rather than JPEGs). Their most persuasive argument was that it would enable me to change the exposure, white balance, brightness, contrast, saturation and other settings, as if I'd taken the shot using those settings in the first place.

Read entire article here